is an initiative to promote and sustainably develop the film heritage of the Polish-Slovak border area.
We undertake activities that will foster the development of film tourism and the sustainable use of the cultural and natural heritage of the Polish-Slovak borderland. By increasing the tourist attractiveness of the borderland, we also want to positively affect the development of other areas of the economy.
Why are we doing this?
The main objective of the project is the proper use, promotion and development of the film cultural heritage of the border area, increasing its tourist attractiveness, developing sustainable solutions and tools aimed at developing environmentally friendly film production and creating a stable partnership to ensure the sustainability of the results achieved.
What do we do?
In the GreenFilmTourism team, we have joined forces, competences and knowledge to ensure that in the Polish-Slovak border area:
- create an online knowledge portal with databases on film heritage,
- map out and present a cross-border film heritage trail using a digital map, take into account interesting places and film inspirations,
- conduct a broad educational and information campaign (seminars, industry meetings, study visits, social media, board game)
- develop recommended pro-ecological solutions for future film productions (guide, workshops).
Who is it for?
The GreenFilmTourism initiative is implemented with they think about:
- tourists and residents,
- representatives of the administration sector, business and social organizations dealing with tourism and cultural and natural heritage,
- representatives of the film industry.
Who are we?
GreenFilmTourism is implemented by six partners from Poland and Slovakia. [links to subpages of the project partners]
LEADING PARTNER: Agencja Rozwoju Regionalnego SA in Bielsko-Biała (PL)
- P1 - Regionálne finansenské a informačné centrum Prešov (SK)
- P2 - Rzeszów Regional Development Agency SA in Rzeszów (PL) www.rarr.rzeszow.pl
- P3 - Provincial House of Culture in Rzeszów (PL)
- P4 - Inovačné partnerské centrum, Prešov (SK)
- P5 - SOKÓŁ Małopolska Cultural Center in Nowy Sącz (PL)
What is the duration of the project?
1.11.2020 – 28.02.2023
How are we financed?
The GreenFilmTourism project is co-financed by the European Regional Development Fund as part of the Interreg VA Poland-Slovakia Cross-Border Cooperation Program 2014-2020.
What is the value of the project?
Co-financing from the European Union: 85%, i.e. € 772,269.75